Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Visiting Faro and a trip to some Islands


Arrived in Faro quite late, met 2 angels who shared a cab ride with me I was nervous on my own because it was so late they were staying close by my hotel and I went to pay my share hey would not let me talk about wonderful people. 

I was very happy with my hotel choice when morning came and after a good breakfast I went exploring. I visited the Cathedral of St Mary, which was quite beautiful late 13th century it was was once a Mosque I managed to climb the stairs to the top and get a view of the area and see the bells close up. There was a bone chapel there it was very small and found out later that was not the one I wanted to visit. 

view from my window










































view from top of Cathedral 


up on the roof











I was looking around near the water the skies were so blue and amazing when I saw there were boat tours I decided to sign up for one and while I waited I walked back to my hotel and also grabbed a bite to eat. The tour was with The tour was through the Ria Formosa Channels. beginning of the trip out the skies were blue and amazing. We visited several little islands including IIha do Farol the island has no permanent population and is a summer home for many tourist. The scary part was our little boat did not stop at the land we had to step off over a little ladder and then hop off, I was so lucky that everyone was willing to help me get off. We also visited IIha Deserta and IIha da Culatra, as we headed back it started to get darker and colder.




kewal looking boat


wow






waiting for us while we tour around

Light house in IIha do Farol







out to the lighthouse



No comments:

Post a Comment