Sunday, April 9, 2017

A Return to Florence Palm Sunday



I had the morning to look around Rome a bit more before my train to Florence. I checked out of my B and B and dropped my luggage off.  I explored some streets nearby and then I was back to the hotel, when suddenly I saw it. The pizza place I had read about was right across the street there were things blocking the view and looked like a different name so I went over and sure enough. I was not real hungry at this point but was determined to have some. I walked in and ordered 2 slices and a drink and I was surprised at the nice sizes I got for a cheap price you pay by the weight. I then went back to the B and B to retrieve my luggage and then walked to catch a cab I had been advised by the B and B owner that the taxi cabs were safe.  It was a quick ride to the train station and then a goodbye Rome I was happy to have seen you. 






I had visited Florence before and had vowed to return because it was so beautiful and I finally was doing just that I arrived and found my hotel quite easily it was across from the train station and the behind the main street. I left me luggage and headed out for a quick look walk to the Cathedral di Santa Marie del Fiore/Duomo of Florence. I walked to the church or Santa Maria Novella and around the Piazza Santa Croce I looked around and I had a gelato and then walked back to my hotel and had a relaxing evening.


The Duomo



The Baptistery of St John







I was back to the Duomo in early in the morning so that I could attend Palm Sunday Mass. I was able to get in and get a seat and hear the mass no clue what they were saying since of course it was in Italian.  After the mass I headed toward the The Piazza della Signoria and its beautiful sculptures, I walked around and then I sat and just enjoyed the beauty of the spot. Next up I headed down to the waterfront  I walked along the river for awhile and then across the bridge to have a gelato at a very popular spot and it was pretty crowded and I had a bit of a wait, bu it was quite yummy.








Palms 


me and David





along the Arno River












No comments:

Post a Comment